$1.96 million is available in grant funding for Western Australian small and medium food and beverage manufacturing businesses.
Eligible businesses will be able to apply for grants between $10,000 and $25,000 to improve energy efficiency practices and technologies and better manage energy use to reduce power bills.
Grants will be paid up-front with no co-contribution required and will be awarded to eligible applicants on a first in first served basis.
Grants will be available for businesses to:
- replace existing equipment with more energy efficient equipment;
- install or replace components to help existing systems run more efficiently;
- carry out energy audits;
- monitor and optimise energy use and emissions;
- increase knowledge of energy efficiency practices; and
- position small and medium sized enterprises to adopt future technological advancement in energy consumption.
Applications open on 12 January 2022 and will close on 18 February 2022, or earlier if the portion available for Western Australian businesses is fully allocated.
See the business.gov.au website for eligibility information, details on how to apply and contact details for more information.
A list of eligible activities can be found in Appendix A of the Grant Guidelines.
You can also register for the online information session to be held on 10 January 2022 on the business.gov.au website.
Read the announcement from the Commonwealth Assistant Minister to the Minister for Industry, Energy and Emissions Reduction.