Support is available if your work is affected by testing positive to COVID-19 or becoming a close contact.
6 steps everyone should take when dealing with COVID-19
- Stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations (external link)
- Get tested (external link) if you have symptoms (external link) and follow the steps if you’re COVID-positive or a close contact
- Wear a mask where required (external link) and follow the health and safety guidelines
- Keep up healthy hygiene habits (external link).
- Prepare a COVID-19 kit and COVID-19 Care Plan (external link) for your household.
- Speak to your GP or regular health service if you have concerns. Some conditions and lifestyle factors (external link) can increase your chance of illness from COVID-19.
Test Isolation Payment Scheme
The Test Isolation Payment Scheme is a single payment for workers required to isolate while waiting for PCR test result, are unable to work from home and do not have access to paid leave or other income.
Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment
The Federal Government offers a lump sum Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment (external link) to help while you can’t work because you’re isolating or caring for someone who has to isolate due to COVID-19.
Free COVID-19 testing
Answers to frequently asked questions around testing, including how to access free testing, who pays for Rapid Antigen Tests (RATs) when they’re required for work, and how to show evidence of your test results.
The WA free RAT program page details where you can get free tests if you are a close contact.