Public health and social measures are in place across WA. Find out what you can and can’t do.
Information for international travellers
The Australian Government is responsible for Australia’s international border.
International travellers are required to meet the Australian Government’s COVID-19 requirements (external link) to enter Australia, including completing any required passenger declarations.
Travellers who do not meet the vaccination requirements will be required to complete 7 days of hotel quarantine at their own expense.
Visit the Department of Health’s website (external link) for more information about declaring your COVID-19 vaccination status to enter Australia and mask wearing requirements on aircraft.
You are responsible for checking testing and proof of vaccination requirements for the airline you are travelling with and any countries you transit through.
While you are here
While you are in WA, make sure you:
- Wear a mask in the following settings:
- public and passenger transport, including taxis and rideshare vehicles, tour buses and school buses;
- hospitals and health care settings;
- aged care facilities, residential care facilities including disability service facilities and mental health residential facilities; and,
- correctional facilities.
- are aware of any public health measures in WA and find out what you can and can’t do
- get tested if you develop any COVID-19 symptoms
- register any positive COVID-19 test result with the Department of Health
- are familiar with information and advice for managing COVID-19, including any testing and isolation guidelines
- check the remote Aboriginal communities page before travelling into remote areas in WA.
If you choose to leave WA to travel interstate or internationally, you should be aware of any restrictions or public health and social measures of the jurisdiction or country you are travelling to.
For information about leaving Australia, visit the Australian Government’s Travel restriction approvals for travellers to and from Australia (external link) page.
The SmartTraveller website (external link) also provides advice on travelling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you have any questions about travelling to WA and you are calling from overseas, please call the international 13COVID information helpline on +61 8 9118 3100.