Infection control and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) resources
There are a wide range of training resources available on infection control and PPE use. The below resources will be useful for both people with disability who choose to engage their support staff directly and disability service providers.
Australian Government Department of Health
- COVID-19 infection control training
- Guide to PPE for disability care providers
- PPE for the health workforce
- COVID-19 wearing PPE for disability support workers video
Department of Health (WA)
Visit COVID-19 information for aged care and community care providers, to access all PPE training resources.
- Advice for use of personal protective equipment for workers in community settings
- PPE Donning and doffing poster
- PPE Donning and doffing written sequence
- PPE Donning and doffing video
- Donning and doffing assessment tool
- How to wash your hands poster
Hand Hygiene Australia
The COVID-19 Work Safe-And-Clean Training Program is a free learning module about safe hand hygiene.
Mental Health Commission
A series of videos have been developed that consider PPE use in the community setting, client transfers and home visiting scenarios, visit PPE in the community services sector.
See seven short video interviews about COVID-19 available on the New South Wales (NSW) website now. Visit Video series: Ella and Dr Jan
Some topics covered include:
- Who can catch COVID-19?
- If I’m not feeling well should I get tested for COVID-19?
- If I have COVID-19 what are the rules?
- Dating and hanging out with friends during COVID-19.
- Can a family member visit me if I need to go to hospital?
- How can we take care of our mental health?