Last updated: 24 October 2020 at 12.00pm
From Saturday, 27 June, Phase 4 of the WA Roadmap came into effect.
There is no limit on public gatherings, however the 2 square metre rule and physical distancing applies. This means the maximum number of people permitted will be based on the size of the venue.
Gyms are permitted to operate unstaffed, but regular cleaning must be maintained.
For WA’s major sport and entertainment venues, a 50 per cent capacity rule applies:
Good hygiene practices, physical distancing and frequent cleaning should continue to be observed.
From Saturday, 24 October, the maximum capacity for a seated performance or seated entertainment that is ticketed and takes place in a seated entertainment space is 60 percent.
These changes affect certain venues with one or more seated entertainment spaces which contain fixed seating and were regularly used for seated performances or seated entertainment immediately before 15 March 2020 or immediately before 11.59pm on 23 October 2020.
For more information see the Phase 4 exemption – Easing restrictions for seated performances - frequently asked questions.
COVID Safety Plans
Business that were required to close under the Directions and are reopening for the first time in Phase 4 must complete a COVID Safety Plan. The COVID Safety Guidelines will help you complete your plan. The plan should be available for inspection upon request by an authorised officer. If your organisation has multiple premises, you must prepare a COVID Safety Plan for each one.
WA businesses that reopened in earlier phases will be expected to ensure their COVID Safety Plans are updated and continue to be implemented, using the COVID Safety Guidelines
6 June 2020
The 4 square metre rule was revised to 2 square metres per person for all WA venues.
Physical distancing, good hygiene and the 2 square metre rule applied to all activities permitted in Phase 3.
- Non-work gatherings permitted up to 100 people, 300 for venues with multiple spaces.
- 4 square metre rule removed, replaced with reduced 2 square metre rule.
- Full contact sport and training permitted.
- Seated Service for food businesses and licensed premises.
- The following reopened with conditions:
- galleries, cinemas and theatres
- gyms and other fitness studios
- beauty salons, spas and wellness centres
- playgrounds and play centres
- Rottnest Island, zoos and wildlife parks.