The aim of the Bush Forever policy is to provide a policy and implementation framework that will ensure bushland protection and management issues in the Perth Metropolitan Region are appropriately addressed and integrated with broader land use planning and decision-making. This will secure long-term protection of biodiversity and associated environmental values. The policy recognises the protection and management of significant bushland areas as a fundamental consideration in the planning process, while also seeking to integrate and balance wider environmental, social and economic considerations. In general terms, the policy does not prevent development where it is consistent with the measures in this policy and other planning and environmental considerations.
The Bush Forever volumes referenced below are the original policy documents written in 2000. Please note that State Planning Policy 2.8 Bushland Policy for the Perth Metropolitan Region was adopted in June 2010 and can be accessed here.
Bush Forever Volume 1 includes:
- Implementation options, approaches and processes providing a decision-making framework for landowners, the community, local governments and State Government agencies; and
- A map showing the location of all Bush Forever areas and detailed maps showing individual Bush Forever areas and their associated site implementation recommendations.
The Practice Notes provide an extended discussion of protection options and approaches for the implementation of site recommendations.
Bush Forever volume 2 includes:
- A guide to Bush Forever Areas: an outline of the scope of Perth’s Bush Forever Project, background to its preparation, area selection, and delineation of Bush Forever areas;
- Bush Forever Area Descriptions: descriptions of each of the Bush Forever areas and all references are provided; and
- Appendices I - 4: the appendices contain the terms and acronyms commonly used in Volumes I and 2, an introductory guide to the Bush Forever area descriptions, a table cross referencing the Bush Forever areas to the System 6 recommendations and an index to all Bush Forever Site descriptions and the Bush Forever area maps.