The purpose of the policy is to:
- support agencies in ensuring services are available
- at a level which enables them to meet their objectives and obligations
- within reasonable community expectations
- ensure that ICT disaster recovery is integrated within agencies’ risk management and business continuity frameworks
- support agencies in improving their ICT disaster recovery skills and capabilities.
We released the whole-of-government the policy in May 2016. This policy was reviewed in April 2017 and updated with a supplementary guide.
Page reviewed 26 June 2018