The objectives of the policy are to:
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of public policies, processes, programs and functions through system integration, information sharing, and cross-boundary collaboration.
- Improve service automation and interoperability.
- Foster open standards.
- Enhance timeliness, consistency and quality of government responses across multiple agencies.
- Create opportunities for data analytics and business intelligence, encouraging innovation and competition across the public and private sectors.
- Improve accountability and transparency for the community.
- Reduce unnecessary duplication and replication of information storage and handling.
Page reviewed 26 June 2018