IMPORTANT: Pandemic payments
There are various payments available for people affected by COVID-19. Further details are available on the Services Australia website.
Each payment has its own eligibility criteria and some payments cannot be received together.
For example, you cannot receive the following two payments for the same period of isolation:
- The Western Australia COVID-19 Test Isolation Payment – $320 (this payment)
- The Australian Government’s Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment – up to $750 per seven days.
Please ensure you select the most relevant payment for your circumstances.
Note: receiving the Test Isolation Payment for your period of self-isolation following a COVID-19 PCR test does not preclude you from accessing the Australian Government’s Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment in the event that you return a positive test result and must continue isolating.
What you need to know
The WA COVID-19 Test Isolation Payment is a single $320 payment for workers living in WA who have been directed to isolate while waiting for a COVID-19 Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test result, are unable to work from home and do not have access to paid leave or other income.
Applications for the Test Isolation Payment must be submitted within three weeks of the person having a COVID-19 PCR test. For COVID-19 PCR tests undertaken between 23 December 2021 and 4 February 2022, applicants have until 26 February 2022 to apply for the Test Isolation Payment.
WA workers can receive a payment multiple times, however, you can only apply once in any 30-day period unless directed to take another COVID-19 PCR test by a WA Department of Health official.
Visit the COVID-19 Test Isolation Payment frequently asked questions for more information.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, the applicant (the person receiving the payment) must:
- have been directed to self-isolate or self-quarantine while awaiting results of a COVID-19 PCR test taken on or after 23 December 2021; or be the parent, guardian or carer required to isolate with someone who needs to isolate following a COVID-19 PCR test
- have been likely to have undertaken paid work during the period of isolation
- be unable to work from home, and have no access to paid leave or other income support
- be aged 17 years or over and be a resident of Western Australia.
The applicant will NOT be eligible if they:
- are not required to isolate pending a COVID-19 PCR test result (e.g. critical workers)
- are required to test due to travel requirements
- received other income, including Australian Government income support or the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment for the same period of isolation.
What you need before you start the application
Before applying, please make sure you can:
- Upload evidence and enter the date and location of your COVID-19 PCR test.
- Enter key information from your identity document such as driver’s licence, Medicare card, passport or visa.
- Enter your bank details where you want the payment to go to.
- Enter or upload proof of age such as driver’s licence, passport or birth certificate.
- Upload proof of address showing that you are a WA resident, such as driver’s licence, utility bill or rental document.
- If you are self-employed:
- Upload evidence of your business, such as tax returns or insurance certificates.
- If you are an employee:
- Enter the contact details of your employer
- Upload evidence of your employment
- If you have proof that you have no leave entitlements, please upload it as this will reduce the need to contact your employer and may speed up payment.
Applicants may be required to provide additional supporting evidence upon request.
How to apply
- Check you are eligible.
- Get all your information and documents ready to upload; documents can be a scanned copy or picture on your phone.
- Register and log into the Test Isolation Payment Scheme grants system.
- Start your application (you will receive an email advising you that a new application has been started).
- Fill in the application and upload your evidence.
- Complete the Terms and Privacy section.
- Review and submit your application.
When you are ready, click here to register and apply.
How do I know if I have been successful?
- Once you have successfully submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email. In some instances, we will contact you to confirm information and verify your eligibility.
- Once your application has been assessed and verified, you will be emailed again to confirm your application has been successful.
- Successful applicants will be paid within five working days (it may take longer for the payment to be processed by your financial institution).
- Applicants who do not meet the Test Isolation Payment Scheme eligibility will be notified.