The Swan Valley Planning Act 2020 (the Act) repeals and replaces the Swan Valley Planning Act 1995.
The new Act and associated regulations were proclaimed and came into effect on 1 August 2021.
The Act establishes a new planning scheme providing clear planning guidance including appropriate tourism and development.
The Act provides for a:
- new bespoke planning scheme that replaces the existing dual scheme system – the City of Swan Local Planning Scheme No. 17 and the Metropolitan Region Scheme.
- new Swan Valley Statutory Planning Committee as a statutory body to provide oversight for all planning and development.
- Swan Valley Strategic Leadership Group to provide an advisory role to Government across a broad range of matters including tourism, environment and planning.
- Planning and Development (Development Assessment Panels) Amendment Regulations 2021
- Swan and Canning Rivers Management Amendment Regulations 2021
- Swan Valley Commencement Proclamation 2021
- Attorney General Regulations Amendment (Swan Valley Planning Scheme) Regulations 2021
- Biosecurity and Agriculture Management Amendment Regulations 2021
- Commerce Regulations Amendment (Swan Valley Planning Scheme) Regulations 2021
- Water services (Water Corporations Charges) Amendment Regulations 2021.