Cloud Community of Practice
The objectives of the CCP are to:
- promote collaboration across the sector to effectively and efficiently adopt and maximise cloud services;
- facilitate information sharing and knowledge transfer between agencies;
- increase engagement and build stronger relationships between agencies; and
- promote best practice and facilitate the move to a consumption based "pay-as-you-go" model.
The CCP hosts seminars every six to eight weeks for WA public sector Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers, IT Managers and practitioners working with, or seeking to move to, cloud environments or other consumption-based services. Seminars are aligned to the Office of Digital Government’s six leading priorities:
- whole of Government cyber security capability;
- digital services delivery;
- strategy and policy for data protection and sharing;
- improving capability in data and analytics;
- reducing the digital divide; and
- ICT procurement reform.
The CCP Organising Committee comprises agency and central government representatives. The committee is currently chaired by VenuesWest CIO, Richard Bean. The Office of Digital Government provides secretariat support to the Committee.