Department of Treasury (Treasury) is the central government agency that manages Western Australia’s public sector finances and formulates and implements the annual State Budget.
We develop economic and revenue forecasts, and monitor developments in the State’s economy, major revenue bases and public sector finances, to ensure Western Australia remains on track against the State Government’s budgetary objectives and targets.
Our policy advisory role covers a wide range of issues, including Commonwealth‑State financial relations, revenue policy, public sector wages policy, public sector superannuation policy, and advice on alternative models of service delivery and infrastructure provision.
By starting your career with Treasury, you will contribute to shaping and influencing government decisions, build professional networks and actively contribute to the State’s economy, budget and community whilst working on high profile State projects.
Be the first to hear about student and graduate opportunities. Join the Treasury Talent Community by registering here.
Graduate programShow more
Applications now closed for the 2021 Treasury Graduate Program
The Treasury Graduate Program is a structured learning and development program that runs for 18 months with three rotations. During your rotations, you will experience a broad overview of the diverse areas of Treasury, be exposed to high profile State projects, build professional networks and engage in further learning and development.
As a Graduate Officer, you will perform challenging and interesting work and deal with a wide range of issues as well as a diverse range of stakeholders within government and across various industries. The Program offers a potential rotation to the Western Australian Treasury Corporation as well as the opportunity to secure a permanent role with Treasury after the graduate program, subject to satisfactory performance assessment.
- Training and development opportunities include participation on the Public Sector Graduate Development Program;
- Exposure to work across a variety of Treasury business units and be a part of working on high profile Government projects;
- Extensive support network comprising experienced supervisors, colleagues and an allocated buddy who is part of Treasury’s Young Professionals Program;
- Future leadership and development opportunities upon program completion including mentoring program, Executive and Director Shadowing and the Under Treasurer’s Educational Development Program; and
- Attractive starting salary, flexible working hours and Perth CBD location.
The Program seeks graduates from diverse backgrounds that can demonstrate the following:
- High academic achievement (70% and above) with a minimum of an undergraduate degree from all disciplines particularly Accounting, Finance, Economics, Law, Business/Commerce, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Political Science, Public Policy and Actuarial Studies.
- Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency
How to Apply
If you are interested in the 2022 Treasury Graduate Program, please register for the Treasury Talent Community and we will ensure you are kept updated on news about our upcoming recruitment.
Vacation programsShow more
2021 Vacation Programs applications are now closed
Treasury’s Vacation Programs provide an opportunity for students to experience a career with Treasury and be exposed to the diverse and high-profile work that contributes to shaping and influencing government decisions.
As a Vacation Intern, you will be offered a place in one of Treasury’s business units supported by a supervisor and colleagues, learning about a career in the public sector whilst making new connections and developing new skills. It also presents a great opportunity to experience working at Treasury before applying for the Treasury Graduate Program.
The Vacation Programs are targeted at students in their penultimate or final year of study from all degree disciplines who have an academic status of good standing.
|2021 Summer Vacation Program||Monday, 4 January to Friday, 12 February 2021||Applications Closed|
|2021 Winter Vacation Program||Monday, 21 June to Friday, 16 July 2021||Applications Closed|
How to Apply
If you are interested in Treasury’s 2022 Vacation Programs, please register your interest with the Treasury Talent Community.
Professional placementsShow more
You may currently be undertaking a course that requires a work integrated learning experience for academic credit such as a professional placement. This is a great opportunity to bring your academic experience into a real workplace environment and be exposed to the diverse and high-profile work of Treasury.
Contact your learning institution today and find out how you can secure a professional placement experience with Treasury or send an email to Treasury Recruitment.