Reducing red tape, so that businesses and individuals waste less time and money on unnecessary compliance, is a high priority for the Government.
Red tape is comprised of burdensome and bureaucratic processes, procedures and paperwork. It imposes costs on businesses and individuals through duplicate and confusing regulations, overly complicated forms and paperwork, and onerous compliance burdens.
Economic Policy is developing tools to assist agencies with red tape reduction, and is working directly with agencies to encourage ongoing reduction in red tape.
Red tape reduction is also being progressed through the Streamline WA regulatory reform initiative. More information on this initiative can be found below.
Tools to assist with Red Tape ReductionShow more
Economic Reform is developing innovative tools to assist with identifying, quantifying and reducing the burden of red tape.
How to identify and assess red tape
- Red Tape Rapid Assessment Tool (PDF)
- Red Tape Rapid Assessment Tool (Word)
- Red Tape: Types of Burden
How to quantify red tape
- Western Australian Regulatory Burden Measure
- Savings Assessment Tool [coming soon]
- Savings Assessment Tool Guidance Note [coming soon]