ServiceWA: Government Digital Services
WA.gov.au is a single-point entry to Western Australian Government online services and information.
The whole of government website will make it easier for people to find and access government services and information through improved accessibility, advanced search and navigation functions and a user focused interface.
To keep the website evolving to meet the changing needs of all Western Australians, we encourage you to visit WA.gov.au and give us your feedback.
The WA.gov.au website, launched in February 2018, is a key initiative of the Digital WA Strategy, and is a key part of the ServiceWA (Digital) Program.
The ServiceWA (Digital) Program focusses on the digital delivery of government services. It excludes functions such as digitally assisted services or consolidated counter services that remain the responsibility of individual agencies.
The program includes:
- Delivery of a single government digital services portal that complements front counter services and improves the equality of access to government services across the State.
- Development of a single logon features to allow people and businesses to login and access their own information and services quickly and easily.
- Developing the policies and frameworks needed to support a seamless and secure user experience.
- The Development of the tools and guidelines needed to assist government agencies to develop and connect digital services to the portal.
The ServiceWA (Digital) program will be delivered in three stages between 2016 – 2018, with the possibility of further initiatives to be implemented in the future.
- Stage 1 (completed 1 July 2017) delivered an initial Alpha (prototype) designed to engage public and industry feedback and input into the design, and to test the technologies and processes that might be used in the final version of the portal. Stage 1 also delivered the architectural designs, policies and standards that will be used to identify and choose those final technologies.
- Stage 2 (2017-18) using lessons learned from Stage 1, delivered WA.gov.au that provides a single point of entry to government online services and will continue to focus on delivering immediate benefits to the community, such as enabling individuals to use a single credential to access multiple WA government services. The program will also aim to standardise platforms for agencies, and determine potential benefits of consolidating single gateways for common services (e.g. identity verification).
- Stage 3 (2018+) and beyond will, subject to the success of Stage 2, roll in additional services, and continue to assist government agencies with maturing their digital services capabilities, in order to increase the functionality and performance of the ServiceWA (Digital) Portal.