It is important to pay your rent on time and to keep your account paid at least two weeks in advance if you pay fortnightly or one week in advance if you pay weekly.
If you fall behind in rent payments, contact your Housing Services Officer immediately so we can help organise an affordable repayment arrangement to clear any debt.
Please notify us if you are having difficulties so that we can advise you of available assistance.
Your rent can be paid by any of these methods:
- Centrelink - if your income is from a Centrelink pension or benefit, your bond can be deducted and sent directly to us
- post office - use your Housing Authority card to make payments at any post office
- direct debit - arrange to make payment directly from your bank account
- pay online using BPOINT - use your credit card to pay your bond
- pay online using BPAY - make a payment through your financial institution's telephone or online banking, you will find the BPAY biller code and account number on the back of your approval letter and other account correspondence
The Housing Authority does not accept cash payments at any of our offices.