As part of the Level 1 COVID Business Assistance Package, the Activating Alfresco Rebate Program consists of a $5 million investment for small businesses to establish, expand or improve operations for alfresco dining in areas such as footpaths, and other adjacent public and private spaces.
Under the program, small businesses can apply for grants of up to $5000 to reimburse the costs of creating or expanding alfresco operations.
Verifying your identity using your myGovID is a requirement of the rebate application process to help streamline processing and reduce fraud.
Alternative ID arrangements for applications can be made in exceptional circumstances by contacting LGresponse@dlgsc.wa.gov.au
- Ensure your internet browser is up to date, the following browsers are recommended:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Ensure you have set up your myGovID app (opens a new window) on your smart device and increased your identity strength to standard security strength.
- Complete the myGovID identity verification procedure:
- Click on the 'Verify your identity' button at the bottom of on this page and follow the prompts.
- Login with your myGovID email to continue.
- Once you have logged in you will be asked to consent to sharing your identity details with the WA Government.
- Provide your ABN and pre-approval application number, and submit the form. You will receive a confirmation email.
What other information you will need?
You will need the Australian Business Number (ABN) of the business on whose behalf you are lodging an application for, and matches the pre-approval application on SmartyGrants.
As stated in the pre-approval application process, if you are not the business owner, you need to have provided written evidence that you are authorised to act on their behalf.
You will also need your pre-approval application number. This should start with 'AF' and be followed by a four-digit code (e.g. AF0000, AF0001).
Who should register?
If you have lodged a pre-approval application for the Activating Alfresco Rebate Program and are the authorised person (such as the owner, manager or accountant) associated with the business applicant.
What happens next?
Once you have verified your identity through this process, this will be used to verify your pre-approval application for the Activating Alfresco Rebate Program.
You will receive an email within 3 business days from LGresponse@dlgsc.wa.gov.au on the outcome of your application.
For any further queries, please email LGresponse@dlgsc.wa.gov.au
Terms and conditions
Refer to the terms and conditions (opens a new window) for the Activating Alfresco Rebate Program.