Get a working with children check

How to get a working with children check if you are an employee, volunteer or student involved in work relating to children.

You first need to get an application form from Australia Post or the Working With Children Screening Unit. Each form has a unique code so they are not available for download.

Once you have the form, follow these steps:

  • Get your employer, volunteer organisation or education provider to complete their part of the form.
  • Go to Australia Post once you have completed your section.
  • Provide photo identification, proof of your current address and have your photo taken.

The application fee is $87 for paid employees and the self employed and $11 for volunteers and unpaid students on placement. The card is valid for three years.

Page reviewed 14 July 2022