Returning unvaccinated Australians and permanent residents will not have to enter quarantine for 7 days on return to WA.
The Western Australian Government announced on 10 July 2020 that anyone arriving into WA and directed to enter a State Quarantine Facility (hotel quarantine) on or after 17 July 2020 would be required to pay for their quarantine period. Individuals experiencing genuine financial hardship may be eligible for a partial or full exemption of the hotel quarantine fee.
You must be an Australian citizen or a Permanent Resident to apply.
Travellers to Western Australia who are vaccine non-compliant are required to complete seven days quarantine in a State Quarantine Facility (hotel quarantine).
Please be aware that this applies to:
- direct international travellers
- indirect international travellers
- maritime off signers.
Applying for a reduction or exemption of your quarantine hotel fee
You will be required to provide evidence in relation to your current financial circumstances to support your claim of financial hardship. This may include, but is not limited to:
- All current income statements.
- Current bank balances and 30 day transaction history.
- Current debts (excluding; home loans, car loans and money borrowed from family).
- Share investments and income being received through dividends.
- Other relevant documentation.
Your application will be assessed against criteria to ensure there is genuine hardship.
You will be expected to provide evidence of financial hardship otherwise your application will not be processed.