The State Government has announced a further relief package to assist Small Businesses and Not-For-Profit Tenants of Government-Owned Buildings suffering financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Businesses tenants will be offered rent relief of $6,000 where they meet the following criteria:
• Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000.
• Have a valid and active Australian Business Number (ABN).
• Have an Australia-wide payroll of less than $4 million.
• Be able to demonstrate a 30 per cent reduction in revenue for any four-week consecutive time frame between 1 January 2022 to 30 April 2022, compared to the equivalent period in 2021. An alternative period in 2021 may be used if the business did not operate at that time or it provides an inaccurate representation of the business' financial situation.
• Provide proof of tenancy (lease) of a WA Government-owned building in WA.
In order to enact this financial relief, the Department requires you to apply for rent relief. An assessment will be carried out and you will be notified of any further requirements in due course.