There are eight categories, and each has different nomination criteria:
- Voluntary Individual Contribution
- Professional Contribution
- Contribution by a Community-based Organisation
- Contribution by a Public or Private Organisation
- Heritage Practices by a Local Government
- Interpretation Project
- Heritage Tourism Product
- The Judges' Award
Nominations can be made by registering on the awards portal. To register you will need to provide your name and email address and create a password.
For more information on the WA Heritage Awards contact the Awards Coordinator by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 61 8 6552 4104 or 1800 524 000 (regional freecall).