The build-to-rent exemption aims to increase the availability of rental properties in WA by providing a 50 per cent exemption from land tax for up to 20 years for eligible developments.
The exemption will apply to developments that:
- contain at least 40 self-contained dwellings available for three-year residential leases
- are owned by the same owner or group of owners and be managed by the same management entity and
- are completed between 12 May 2022 and 1 July 2032.
The exemption will be available from the 2023-24 assessment year.
More information and an application form will be available soon on the land tax exemptions web page.
- See the Minister’s media statement (17 May 2023)
- See the Premier’s media statement (12 May 2022)