Marine life protection

Protecting and preserving plant and animal life in the oceans and seas.
Translocation approval is required for the movement of live non-endemic fish into, and within, Western Australia.
Marine parks and reserves help to conserve marine biodiversity and provide special places for people to enjoy, appreciate and learn about the spectacular marine life.
Officers from the Department of Biodiversity, Conservation and Attractions (DBCA) respond to whale or dolphin strandings.
Freshwater Fish Distribution is an interactive map showing the location of all confirmed sightings of freshwater fish species in Western Australia.

Consult services offered by local governments or the Federal Government

If you have not found the information or service you are looking for, you may wish to consult local governments or the Federal Government.

Consult the Federal Government website

Consult MyCouncil