Preserving and protecting our natural resources.

Apply for a Community Stewardship Grant

Community Stewardship Grants are available annually to support community-based projects that serve to protect and restore the local environment, enabling local community groups to undertake stewardship of natural resources in their local area.

Apply for a Feral Cat Management Grant

Feral Cat Management Grants are available for landscape scale, community-based projects to support feral cat management with conservation outcomes for WA’s native fauna.

Find a conservation group

Community conservation groups protect and manage our bushlands through raising awareness of biodiversity values and of natural areas in your local community. 


The State Government is responsible for managing much of the State’s 18 million hectares of native forests and woodlands.

Perth Zoo events

Perth Zoo is a unique events and functions destination and can offer a host of amazing experiences.

Program: Index of biodiversity surveys for assessments

The Index of Biodiversity Surveys for Assessments (IBSA) program provides industry, regulators and the community with an index of land-based biodiversity surveys conducted in Western Australia. IBSA helps to create better environmental outcomes by maximising the availability of biodiversity data.

Program: Murujuga Rock Art

The Western Australian Government recognises the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Murujuga ‒ the past, present and future generations of Ngarda Ngarli ‒ and their ongoing connection to this sacred country.

Program: Pilbara Environmental Offsets Fund

The Pilbara Environmental Offsets Fund (PEOF) delivers environmental offset projects in the Pilbara bioregion of Western Australia in partnership with traditional owners, conservation agencies, industry and government.

Return your vehicle plates

If your vehicle licence has been cancelled, the plates must be returned to the Department of Transport.

Threatened species and communities

A listing of threatened native plants and animals that are under identifiable threat of extinction, are rare, or otherwise in need of special protection.