Road transport

Vehicle registrations, driver's licenses, traffic regulations and safety.

Am I fit to drive?

Certain medical conditions and treatments can affect your ability to drive and must be reported to the Department of Transport or you will be fined.

Apply for a driver’s licence refund

You can apply for a refund if you voluntarily give up your licence, your concession type changes, someone dies, you cancel your driving test or there is a payment error.

Apply for a photo card

WA residents aged 16 and over can apply for a card that helps them prove their identity without a driver’s licence or passport.

Apply for a vehicle fee refund

You can apply for refunds on your plate application, temporary movement permit, vehicle examination and vehicle licence fees, returned plates, concessions and payment errors.

Book a hazard perception test

If you are a learner driver, you must pass a hazard perception test before you can take the practical driving assessment to get your driver’s licence.

Book and pay for a driving test

If you are a learner driver ready to sit your practical driving test or want to upgrade your existing licence you can book the test online.

Buy a used government vehicle

At the end of their lease, Western Australian Government fleet cars are disposed of through contracted auction houses and are available for the public to buy.

Check your demerit points

If you have a WA driver’s licence or learner’s permit you can check details of fines issued, demerit point penalties and demerit point expiry dates.

Check your driver's licence

Check the current status of your WA driver’s licence by entering your licence number, expiry date and date of birth.

Pay a parking fine

If you have received a parking fine you need to contact the local council where the fine was issued.

Pay for driver and vehicle services

Make driver and vehicle service payments online such as driver and vehicle licence renewals, vehicle transfers, plate infringements and final demand notices.

Regional Pensioner Travel Card

From 1 July 2024, the Regional Pensioner Travel Card replaces the Country Age Pension Fuel Card. The Travel Card provides eligible pensioners with a subsidy to support their travel needs.

Report a crash

This joint initiative of the Insurance Commission of Western Australia and Western Australia Police Force allows the capture of motor vehicle crash details.

Report a driver's medical condition

If you have a medical condition or take any medication that may affect your ability to drive, you must notify the Department of Transport.

Return your vehicle plates

If your vehicle licence has been cancelled, the plates must be returned to the Department of Transport.

Road rules and traffic regulations

The Drive Safe and Ride Safe handbooks provide a simplified version of the road rules contained in the relevant Acts and Regulations.

Take driver’s licence theory test

When applying for your first WA driver’s licence, or transferring an overseas licence from a non recognised country, you need to pass a computerised theory test.

Transfer vehicle ownership

What you should do if you are buying or selling a vehicle and how to go about transferring ownership.