Social justice and equity

Supporting the fair treatment of all people regardless of gender, race, colour, ethnicity, age, marital or parental status, sexual preference, disability or religious belief.

Apply for a driver’s licence refund

You can apply for a refund if you voluntarily give up your licence, your concession type changes, someone dies, you cancel your driving test or there is a payment error.

Apply for a vehicle fee refund

You can apply for refunds on your plate application, temporary movement permit, vehicle examination and vehicle licence fees, returned plates, concessions and payment errors.

Community Outreach

The Commissioner for Equal Opportunity undertakes community outreach to promote equal opportunity and prevent discrimination. The Commissioner also initiates research projects to better understand discrimination and harassment in the community.

Regional Pensioner Travel Card

From 1 July 2024, the Regional Pensioner Travel Card replaces the Country Age Pension Fuel Card. The Travel Card provides eligible pensioners with a subsidy to support their travel needs.