The Regional Business Engagement Forum in Bunbury on Tuesday 20 September was the launchpad of a new Local Capability Fund (LCF) grant round, for businesses principally based in WA's South West region.
This round will provide funding to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to enhance their capacity, capability and competitiveness to supply major projects and markets in Australia and overseas. Funding of 75% of eligible costs (excluding GST) up to a maximum of $20,000 is available per successful applicant.
To be eligible, your business must, at a minimum:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Be a for-profit organisation or business (Not-for-profits and charities are ineligible);
- Have its principal place of business reside in one of the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of South West region
- Have been operating in the South West for at least 12 months
- Employ less than 200 people.
Other eligibility requirements do apply, and interested businesses are encouraged to see the application form for a complete list.
To apply, businesses must register or logon to the Smartygrants portal. Information about eligibility requirements, what the funding can be used for and the application form can be found at the SmartyGrants portal.
Applications close at 3pm AWST, 1 November 2022. Successful applicants will be notified directly.
Details for upcoming forums are available on the Regional Business Engagement Forums page.