Webinar: The Energy Transformation - Wholesale Electricity Market 101
Following the gazettal of new Wholesale Electricity Market Rules in December 2020, the Energy Transformation Taskforce and Energy Policy WA invite you to a webinar for energy professionals to hear about the new Wholesale Electricity Market (WEM).
Thursday 18 February 2021
|Time||10.00am – 11.30am AWST|
Online webinar via Microsoft Teams.
Key presentations include:
- An overview of the Energy Transformation Strategy by the Chair of the Energy Transformation Taskforce, Mr Stephen Edwell;
- the high-level design of the new energy and Essential System Services markets;
- information about the changes to the Reserve Capacity Mechanism to implement constrained network access;
- new features of the WEM to enable investment in energy storage; and
- Q&A with key members of the Energy Transformation Implementation Unit.
The new WEM has been developed as part of the Western Australian Government’s Energy Transformation Strategy. This Strategy responds to the unprecedented transformation in Western Australia’s energy sector driven by the transition to renewable generation and new technologies such as energy storage.