- McGowan Government to deliver funding injection to Lotterywest's retail network
- New Better Business program to provide $4.5 million each year directly to retailers to support around 500 small businesses
- Part of a five-year $39 million initiative to build business sustainability and ensure retailers benefit from all Lotterywest sales
- Funding for major overhaul of Lotterywest's gaming systems and in-store devices
The McGowan Government has today launched a new $39 million program to support Lotterywest's retail network of almost 500 small businesses with a funding boost to ensure their long-term sustainability.
The Better Business program will directly deliver $4.5 million each year to local Lotterywest retailers, who will directly benefit from the growth in Lotterywest's online market.
The initiative is part of a five-year program of work to support the long-term sustainability of retailers, while ensuring Lotterywest can continue to give back to the Western Australian community through its grant program.
The program will include:
- $3.5 million in Business Support payments each year to be shared directly with around 500 small local businesses;
- $500,000 each year in dedicated support services for retailer businesses including sales coaching, visual merchandising and adapting to changing customer habits; and
- $500,000 each year in short-term incentives known as Sales Sprints.
Retailers will be required to meet minimum standards in order to be eligible for the payments, which will be made quarterly.
The State Government will also invest in a major overhaul of Lotterywest's gaming systems, including replacing in-store lottery devices to deliver the best possible customer experience, as well as updating technologies that underpin Lotterywest's gaming systems.
Comments attributed to Premier Mark McGowan:
"As Lotterywest's online sales grow each year, it is vital that we continue to reinvest in the network of retailers at the heart of the Lotterywest model.
"This investment in Lotterywest's network of retailers will help small, locally-run WA businesses become more sustainable into the future.
"Lotterywest is a State icon and has been benefitting WA for almost 90 years. It's pivotal we support the small businesses who sell Lotterywest games, so it can continue providing support to the WA community."
Premier's office - 6552 5200