Following an extensive planning and consultation process, the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD) launched the Primary Industries Plan 2020–2024 to guide the development of Western Australia’s primary industries.
The plan aims to support increasingly sophisticated and globally competitive primary industries that make a significant contribution and create prosperity across WA.
The Primary Industries Plan:
- sets clear priorities for investment
- establishes a platform for strengthened collaboration between government and primary industries
- supports DPIRD’s Strategic Intent goals of protect, grow and innovate in WA’s primary industries and regions
- highlights the State’s competitive advantages and current operating context, identifies key themes to guide investment and action
- outlines current and new initiatives to develop WA’s primary industries.
Since its launch in 2020, the department has prepared annual update reports, which reflect on changes in the environment in which the State’s primary industries operate, as well as providing highlights and achievements against the plan’s strategic initiatives.
For more information in relation to the Primary Industries Plan, please contact Jan-Willem van Staden, Manager Economic Intelligence on firstname.lastname@example.org