Benefits for students
- Help government deliver better services
- Generate bright ideas to help solve real issues for the community
- Get experience working in government
- Have a taste of the wide range of career options in government
- Potentially get credit towards your studies.
Benefits for agencies
- Access to skilled, knowledgeable and enthusiastic thinkers
- Increased capacity to scope, undertake and complete key projects
- Opportunities to identify and train future prospective public sector employees
- An increase in workplace diversity
- Development opportunities for staff to supervise and mentor interns.
Public Sector Internship Program
The Public Sector Internship Program provides undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students the opportunity to complete work-based projects in an agency.
It allows students to apply the knowledge and skills gained through their studies in a professional environment while receiving academic credit.
Internship opportunities are advertised on the Internship board.
Agencies interested in getting involved should read the Public Sector Internship Program - Guide for Public Sector Agencies
Students and universities interested in getting involved should read the Public Sector Internship Program – Guide for Students and Universities
McCusker Centre for Citizenship Internship Program
The McCusker Centre for Citizenship offers an award-winning structured, quality internship program with not-for-profit, community and government organisations locally, regionally and globally.
Internships are open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students from the University of Western Australia and participants can earn academic credit towards their degree.
Students from regional areas may have the opportunity to complete the internship in their local community.
Visit the McCusker Centre for Citizenship to find out how to apply.