The Department of Finance has again raised the bar for its Supplier Performance Awards program in 2020, recognising contractors and consultants that provided exceptional value on projects for the Western Australian community over the preceding two years.
Included in the awards for the first time was the Major Project Award, recognising an outstanding collaborative performance on a high profile project delivered on time and on budget to a high quality.
Four awards were presented by Deputy Director General Shaun Whitmarsh at the Optima Centre on 24 November, to:
- PACT Construction Pty Ltd (Contractor Performance Award) (top left)
- Iredale Pederson Hook Pty Ltd (Architectural Services Performance Award) (top right)
- H & W Quantity Surveyors Pty Ltd (Cost Manager Performance Award) (bottom left)
- GBSC Yurra Pty Ltd (Regional Contractor Award) (bottom right).
The Major Project Award was awarded to the Bob Hawke College Stage 1 project, for:
- PACT Construction Pty Ltd (contractor)
- Bateman T&Z Architects Joint Venture Pty Ltd (architects)
- Rider Levett Bucknall Pty Ltd (cost managers).
The Bob Hawke College Stage 1 project won praise for its outstanding project team relationships; decisive, positive and focused approach; and exceptional communication. The award was also presented to the Department of Finance project team.
The awards recognise contractors and consultants providing exceptional value on projects for the Western Australian community. They demonstrate the Government’s commitment to working with suppliers with an established track record in delivering superior project outcomes.
The award is open to prequalified contractors and consultants with two or more performance reports completed over the period, free from performance issues of concern such as demerits and non-payments to subcontractors and subconsultants.