A $9.5 million investment has been announced as part of the WA Recovery Plan to enhance palliative care services at Kalamunda Hospital.
- redeveloping the palliative care section of the hospital
- supporting the provision of an integrated, contemporary model of care
- reconfiguring patient rooms to create single rooms with ensuites and improved access to outdoor spaces
- upgrading facilities and amenities for families and carers
- providing additional therapeutic services such as improved gardens and landscaping, and an indoor art/therapy room.
Planning for the refurbishment work will start immediately. It is anticipated the construction phase will start mid-2021.
For more information: