Support for small businesses affected by public health and safety measures will be delivered sooner than expected, with eligibility criteria updated
A $67 million COVID-19 Business Assistance Package will support businesses adversely affected by increasing cases and the necessary implementation of Level 1 public health and social measures.
This package, which includes eight tailored programs, is in addition to the recently announced $77 million Safe Transition Support Package.
The Level 1 COVID-19 Business Assistance Package includes:
Small Business Rental Relief Package
- $42 million Tenant Rent Relief Scheme providing grants of $3,000 to eligible small business tenants;
- $10.7 million Landlord Rent Relief Incentive supporting eligible landlords with $1,500 - who voluntary match the Government’s Tenant Rent Relief payments; and
- $1.5 million Tenant Rental Credit Scheme providing a rental waiver or credit of $6,000 for eligible small business tenants of Government-owned buildings.
Outdoor Dining and Entertainment Support Package
- $5 million Alfresco Support Program to reimburse small businesses in the hospitality sector with up to $5,000 for eligible costs associated with creating and expanding an alfresco area to meet the requirements of public health and social measures;
- $3.5 million Waiver of Liquor Licencing fees. Liquor licence renewal fees for 2022 will be waived and refunds provided for businesses that have already paid. One-off fees for variations to liquor licencing to enable alfresco services will also be waived, and fees for a COVID-19 occasional permit will be waived to permit the sale of take-away alcohol as part of a take-away meal;
- $1.8 million Nightclub Assistance Program payments of up to $50,000 for eligible nightclubs impacted by capacity limits and social distancing; and
- $1.3 million Performing Arts, Theatres and Cinemas Assistance Program, providing payments of up to $50,000 to provide cash flow assistance to a range of larger, indoor entertainment venues that are particularly affected by capacity constraints.
Other business support
- $1 million Small Business Financial Counselling and Advisory Services funding to expand small business support services administered by the Department of Communities.