Based on the latest health advice, upgraded public health and social measures will be introduced state-wide from 12:01am, Thursday 3 March.
Level 2 measures include:
- Mask wearing requirements expanded to children in Years 3-6 in all public indoor settings (usual exemptions apply)
- Home gatherings limited to a total of 10 people indoors and outdoors, except weddings and funerals
- Private outdoor gatherings in a public space limited to 50 people
- 2sqm square metre rule and 150 person capacity limit indoors or outdoors for weddings and funerals, and for places of worship – no more than 10 people inside if held at a private residence
Density and capacity limits
2sqm rule and 150 patron limit (not including staff) for the following venues:
- Hospitality venues (seated service only)
- Fitness venues
- Entertainment venues (excluding seated entertainment venues – see below)
- Galleries and museums
- Places of worship
- Hairdressers, tattoo parlours and beauty services
- Nightclubs (seated service only)
2sqm rule for public venues such as swimming pools and recreation centres.
50 per cent capacity limit for entertainment venues with forward facing seating, such as theatres and cinemas, and for major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Stadium (main area) and HBF Park, with mask wearing at stadiums.
4sqm rule and seated service only for the Crown Casino gaming floor.
Hospitals, aged and disability care facilities
- Limit of 2 visitors per resident per day to aged care and disability care facilities
- No visitors to hospitals, except for spouses, parents or carers, birth partners or for compassionate reasons
Higher education and colleges
- 2sqm rule and 150 person capacity limit indoors or outdoors for higher education facilities including pathway colleges and English language schools
- Indoor community sports as per venue requirement, with no spectators, except for parents or guardians
- Outdoor community sports permitted with no spectators, except for parents or guardians
- 2sqm rule and 500 person capacity limit for outdoor public venues and events. Masks required.