Restrictions will ease in Perth and Peel as planned from 12.01am, Saturday 8 May, subject to no further outbreaks. These restrictions remain in place until 12.01am, Saturday 15 May.
The following will take effect from this time:
- Masks only required in the following settings:
- Public transport
- Aged care and disability facilities
- Large events with more than 1,000 people.
- Four personal visitors permitted per patient per day in a hospital, aged care or disability facility, with masks mandatory.
- Casino gaming floor and nightclubs can reopen, subject to the 2sqm rule.
- 100-person limit in all homes, for private indoor or outdoor gatherings.
- 200-person limit on weddings and funerals. People who wish to have more than 200 people must apply for an exemption by completing the Weddings and funeral exemptions form and emailing it to DoH.WeddingsFunerals@health.wa.gov.au
- Major stadiums, including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Park and HBF Stadium – Main Arena can operate at 75 per cent capacity, with masks mandatory.
Anyone who has been in Perth or Peel in the previous 14 days but has since travelled to another region must also wear a mask, subject to the above conditions.