The Perth and Peel regions return to pre-lockdown life from 12.01am Saturday 15 May, following the latest public health advice.
No additional cases have been detected in the Perth and Peel regions since the detection of the last community case on Saturday, May 1.
The following restrictions have eased:
- Masks will no longer be mandatory, unless at the airport;
- There will be no capacity limits for weddings and funerals;
- Major stadiums including Optus Stadium, RAC Arena, HBF Park and HBF Stadium – main arena can operate at 100 per cent capacity;
- Visitor limits for patients in hospital, aged care or disability facilities will be lifted; and
- The 100-person capacity limit for home gatherings removed.
Western Australians are reminded to register their contact details via the SafeWA app or written contact registers at businesses and venues where contact registers are mandatory.
The SafeWA app and written contact registers are vital tools for health contact tracers to more efficiently identify people that may have been exposed to the virus, helping reduce the potential of a wide-spread outbreak.