The Perth and Peel regions will continue with targeted public health and social measures until 6:00am, Tuesday 4 January, 2022.
The following public health and social measures will continue from 6:00am Tuesday 28 December to 6:00am, Tuesday 4 January, (pending the latest health advice):
- masks are mandatory for indoor public venues, including in the workplace and on public transport. Exemptions apply including when undertaking vigorous exercise, for medical reasons and primary school aged children or younger people should use common sense and take a mask with them whenever they leave home
- mask-wearing is recommended for large outdoor public events, when you cannot physically distance
- anyone who has been in Perth and Peel since December 16 and enters another regional area is required to wear a mask as per requirements in Perth and Peel
- seated food and beverage consumption only for all licensed venues and events
- music festivals and certain high-risk music events remain cancelled, dancing (except for weddings) is banned and nightclubs remained closed
- travel to remote Aboriginal communities remain restricted.
In additional to the public health and social measures, proof of vaccination will also be required at the Perth Cup 2022 and masks are mandated in all indoor and outdoor areas at the event.
There are a few ways people can show proof of their COVID-19 vaccination, both in a digital and paper-based form along with approved identification.
For more information about proof of vaccination, visit getting proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.