Effective 12pm, Sunday 27 June, restrictions will be introduced for Perth and Peel for a minimum 3 days.
This follows a community case of COVID-19 being detected overnight in WA, relating to NSW travel.
People are encouraged to check the locations in WA visited by confirmed cases.
- Masks mandatory:
- Public transport
- Outdoor public areas where physical distancing is not possible.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students and those who are exempt.
- Limit of 30 visitors to the home.
- Events that cannot be restricted to 150 people will be cancelled or played without spectators today.
- West Coast Eagles vs Western Bulldogs at Optus Stadium will go ahead without spectators.
- Chicken and Beer Festival will be cancelled.
Business and venues
- 150 patron limit and 2sqm rule for:
- Public venues (swimming pools, recreation centres)
- Fitness venues (gyms, Pilates, yoga, dance studios)
- Places of worship.
- Permitted to go ahead.
- Mask-wearing mandatory except for primary school students
Weddings and funerals
- Limited to 150 attendees.
Hospitals, aged and disability care
- Maximum of 4 personal visitors per patient per day
- Travel should be minimised out of Perth and Peel
- Anyone who travels outside Perth and Peel required to wear a mask
- Travel to remote Aboriginal communities remains restricted.
Translated information on restrictions is available.
If you have a COVID-19 question and need an interpreter, call 131 450.