Following the latest advice from the Chief Health Officer, travel from Victoria and New South Wales will be classified as ‘very low risk’ from 12.01am, Tuesday, 8 December 2020, subject to no further outbreaks.
From this date, travel from Victoria and New South Wales will be permitted into WA with the following conditions:
- all Perth Airport arrivals to undergo a health screening and temperature test on arrival
- travellers to be prepared to take a COVID-19 test at the airport COVID clinic, if deemed necessary by a health clinician (voluntary asymptomatic testing available for all airport arrivals)
- completion of a G2G Pass declaration, stipulating they do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and which jurisdictions the traveller has been in over the previous 14 days
- all travellers to receive a SMS health check reminder one week into their stay in WA
- land arrivals to be met at the border checkpoint, for a health screening and to have their G2G Pass declaration checked.
Other jurisdictions currently in the ‘very low risk’ category include the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, Northern Territory and Tasmania.
Travel from South Australia remains prohibited unless travellers meet the strict exemption criteria, pending further updated health advice. This includes anyone who has been to South Australia in the previous 14 days or is travelling through South Australia on their way to WA.
South Australia will remain a ‘medium risk’ jurisdiction until at least 11 December, pending a review of these arrangements next week.
People travelling to WA from Victoria and NSW
The G2G PASS system reflects the current Directions in place, and will be updated on Tuesday, 8 December to reflect changes to WA’s controlled border, relating to NSW and Victoria.
Planning to travel to WA before Tuesday, 8 December?
You will need a G2G PASS and be required to complete the full 14 days quarantine.
Planning to travel to WA after Tuesday, 8 December?
If you already have your G2G PASS, you don’t need to do anything. Your terms and conditions will be automatically updated at 12:01am Tuesday, 8 December 2020, removing your requirement to quarantine.
If you don’t have your G2G PASS, you are advised to wait until the G2G system reflects the new Directions.
This information is provided for guidance but is subject to change at any time. The rules of the day will be applied at the airport or border when you arrive in the state.
For more information see the Careful and cautious step for Victoria and New South Wales arrivals media statement.