The plan has been developed over several years in conjunction with local government and state government agencies, with a focus on community and landowner consultation.
Key considerations in the development of the plan include:
- State Government policy, particularly support for infill development as the metropolitan population increases
- appropriate interface with the surrounding areas of South Beach and Port Coogee
- regional public transport and road network connections, with significant consideration given to connections with Fremantle
- regional infrastructure requirements
- likely demographic projections and requirements
- improving access to the beach and Beeliar regional park
- existing industrial operations and transitioning arrangements for these uses over time
- providing an appropriate framework to encourage the regeneration of the South Fremantle power station.