Draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will streamline and simplify the current water-related policy framework, consistent with the State Government’s current planning reform agenda.
Once gazetted, draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines will supersede:
- State Planning Policy 2.1 Peel-Harvey Coastal Plain Catchment
- State Planning Policy 2.2 Gnangara Groundwater Protection
- State Planning Policy 2.3 Jandakot Groundwater Protection
- State Planning Policy 2.7 Public Drinking Water Source Policy
- State Planning Policy 2.9 Water Resources
- Better Urban Water Management
- State Planning Policy 2.10 Swan Canning River System
- the policy measures that address flooding within State Planning Policy 3.4 Natural Hazards and Disasters and
- Government Sewerage Policy.
The intent of draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines is to deliver greater clarity around how water-related provisions are implemented. The draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines incorporate improvements that will lead to better planning decision-making through consideration of appropriate management measures to achieve optimal water resource and development outcomes.
Preparation of draft SPP 2.9 and Guidelines has been supported by a stakeholder reference group, comprising government and industry representatives. It has also been informed by extensive consultation with additional key stakeholders as well as detailed analysis of issues and policy options.
You can provide your feedback via our online consultation hub.
Or by posting a written submission to: Western Australian Planning Commission, Locked Bag 2506, Perth WA 6001.
Please email any enquiries on the draft policy and guidelines to email@example.com or telephone 6551 9216.
All submissions must be received by Monday 15 November 2021. Late submissions will not be considered.