This document provides guidance on the assessment and management of contaminated sites in Western Australia within the legislative framework of the Contaminated Sites Act 2003, Regulations 2006 and the national site assessment framework provided in the National Environment Protection Measure 1999.
It contains information on:
- assessing and managing contaminated sites
- assessing risks to human health, the environment and environmental values
- generic assessment levels specific to WA and their application
- applying the NEPM assessment levels in WA
- information to include when reporting on the various stages of contaminated site assessment and management
- community engagement.