This policy describes:
- the criteria the department will consider when determining whether to reserve water and the volume of water to be reserved for future use
- the information to be provided by drinking water service providers
- how water reserved for future use will be protected from possible contamination, maintaining its value to the community
- the requirements water service providers will need to meet before they can be granted access to the water reserved for future use
- the process the department will use when considering granting temporary access to the reserved water for future use, for purposes other than drinking water provision.
Please download the document below.