The primary responsibilities of the Parliamentary Inspector as an officer of the Parliament of Western Australia are:
- to oversee the activities of the Commission and its officers
- to keep the Parliament informed of material issues concerning the operation of the Commission
- to deal with misconduct on the part of the Commission and its officers
- to assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of the Commission’s procedures
- to keep the Parliament informed about problems concerning the exercise of my functions and powers under the Act
- to assist the Joint Standing Committee to perform its functions.