To receive a concession on local government rates, an applicant must own and occupy the property as their ordinary place of residence on 1 July of the current financial year.
To receive a concession on water service charges, an applicant must own and occupy the property as their ordinary place of residence at the date of application and be the holder of a valid
- Pensioner Concession Card or
- State Concession Card or
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card together with a WA Seniors Card or
- WA Seniors Card.
To own means an applicant must
- be the registered owner or co-owner of the property on the Certificate of Title (Note: where the property is co-owned a partial concession may apply) or
- have a right to reside or life tenancy at the property under the terms of a will (probated) and be responsible for the payment of rates and charges raised against the property or
- hold a long-term lease (greater than 5 years) in a retirement village, park home, lifestyle village or caravan park.
The amount of the concession depends on the type of concession card an applicant holds.
See more information about pensioners and seniors concessions.