The Program comprises a total $20 million Royalties for Regions investment spread across three priority regional locations in Albany, Bunbury and Geraldton.
This is made of three projects:
- Spalding (Geraldton)
- Spencer Park (Albany)
- Withers (Bunbury).
Spalding (Geraldton)Show more
The Spalding (Geraldton) project will deliver:
- refurbishment of 35 public housing properties (additional 12 public housing units funded through SHERP)
- demolition of 12 untenable public housing homes to make way for a new road reserve
- construction of new road connection between Bogle Way and Mitchell Street.
Spencer Park (Albany)Show more
The Spencer Park Renewal project includes $4 million expenditure comprised of:
- refurbishment of eight public housing properties (additional six public housing units funded through SHERP)
- construction of eight new public housing dwellings
- upgrade of Hardie Road and Mokare Park.
The Development Plan for Spencer Park was approved on 6 September 2021 by the City of Albany and will provide a framework for how the precinct area can be developed. It will show the types of buildings that can be built, streetscapes, design elements, open space and the linkages within the precinct and to surrounding areas.
Withers (Bunbury)Show more
In 2021, the State Government committed $5 million to renewal works in Withers through the Regional Renewal Project. The Withers Renewal Project is led by the Department in partnership with the City of Bunbury and South West Development Commission.
The Withers Renewal project includes:
- refurbishment of 14 public housing properties (additional four public housing units funded through SHERP)
- demolition of untenable public housing dwellings to create new road
- acquisitions to facilitate creation of new road
- construction of new road connections and landscaping work
- the appointment of specialist consultants.