The Department of Finance welcomes your feedback and comments as it helps us recognise our success in performing our services, improve and refine our policies, processes and systems.
The Feedback Management System is the central point for receiving, tracking and facilitating a response to your feedback. Feedback can be compliments, suggestions and complaints.
If you wish to compliment us, suggest how we might improve, or if you are not satisfied with our service, we encourage you to let us know via our Feedback Management System through the Feedback form.
Where we are unable to assist
The following areas are not handled by our internal feedback processes, and should be directed to the appropriate Minister, court, tribunal or agency:
- matters directly relevant to legislative provisions or rates of tax
- matters of administrative law
- appeal decisions
- judicial decisions
- matters relating to other government agencies
You can provide feedback to us in a number of ways:
Give feedback through our online feedback management system by clicking the Feedback form link.
Send us your feedback by post to:
Department of Finance
Locked Bag 11, Cloisters Square
Perth WA 6850
- Contact our Head Office on 08 6551 1000 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday (excluding Public holidays)
- Contact the National Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) on 131 450 if you need help with communication in English
- Text telephone TTY or contact the National Relay Service (NRS) on 133 677
- Use the Speech to Speech Relay (SSR) via the NRS on 1300 555 727 if it is hard for you to understand on the telephone
Note: If you wish to provide feedback, you must provide a valid email address, unless you elect to remain anonymous.
The information you give us is used to consider and respond to your feedback as well as improve and maintain our services. We will provide the information to the business area to which the feedback relates.
We will not use or disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have consented or we are required to do so by law.
Our timeframes for response and follow up
We aim to acknowledge your feedback within two working days after it is received and respond to your feedback within 21 working days.
If your matter is complex it might take longer to resolve. We will let you know if this is the case.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you receive you can contact the Ombudsman on 1800 117 000 and request an external review.
We value your feedback, however we will not accept unreasonable behaviour. Unreasonable behaviour is defined as:
- Aggressive or abusive language
- Unreasonable demands for action which falls outside of the scope of our services
- Recurrent complaints about an issue that has already been closed without any new information
- Vexatious complaints without substantive evidence
- Unreasonable persistence including refusal to accept an outcome or resolution
- Malicious, frivolous or threatening conduct intended to cause harm to other individuals or property.
If you are acting unreasonably at any point in your interaction with us, we will restrict service, or in extreme circumstances, even withdraw our service to you by progressively taking the following steps:
- Advise you that we will not deal with your feedback and that you are invited to re-submit your feedback without the use of inappropriate language or sentiment.
- Restrict the ways in which you can communicate with us, for example, we might allow you to only contact us in writing if you are verbally abusive.
- Acknowledge your communication through a standardised response, and refuse to engage with you for repeated feedback about closed matters.
- Withdraw services as a final resort if the unreasonable behaviour continues or escalates.