From investigating the use of robotics in space and enticing people to explore or study in Western Australia to creating a robust defence industry and managing major state agreements – we offer countless opportunities to develop your career.
Our employees bring a broad range of talents, knowledge and life experience to the office, which ensures our workplace culture is vibrant and inclusive. In other words, it's a great place to work.
Current vacancies at our department.
Search the WA Jobs website for all current opportunities.
We offer roles across a broad range of areas of expertise including:
- Policy development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Project management
- Community engagement
Working with our department, you can receive all the benefits attached to a government career: job security, competitive wages, flexible work arrangements, generous leave provisions and a supported work/life balance.
- As a WA Government agency, you will be employed under the Public Sector Management Act (1994).
- The WA Government jobs board provides information for anyone considering working in the public sector.
- As an employee, you will have access to a range of benefits that support a work-life balance. These include purchased leave, paid parental leave, flexible work hours and an employee assistance program.
- We have an innovative Capability Framework supporting managers and staff to work together, maximising capability development and organisational performance.
- We offer a range of professional development opportunities that blends experiential, collaborative and formal elements of learning.
- We have a Work Development Plan that enables employees to set up performance plans that enable them to get feedback and identify their training needs.
- We encourage employees to consider their career goals and development needs. Our employees receive guidance about their capabilities for future roles and opportunities for career development.
Short-term employment opportunitiesShow more
We occasionally have short term (up to 6 months) employment opportunities available across a range of positions, including Project Officers, Policy Officers, Business Development Officers and Administration Assistants.
Register your interest to be considered for these opportunities.