In August 2020, following positive feedback from the innovation community, Minister Kelly further announced additional funding towards this initiative to support even more affected start-ups and SMEs, which will be delivered by existing X-TEND WA program recipients. For more information about the funding, visit the 'Innovator business support and mentoring program extended' media statement.
The COVID-19 Recovery initiative will utilise experienced Western Australian business professionals, to provide free practical workshops, webinars, one-on-one mentoring and professional advice. Services include tips to enhance digital business capability and reach, to help COVID-19 affected innovative startups and SME's from across the state to recover and grow.
Nearly $500,000 of New Industries funding has been allocated to enable businesses to receive free tailored business support.
The five business support programs ran for 6 months from August 2020 - February 2021, and have now closed.
The following programs were offered.
- Regional Reboot by Agristart - Online and face-to-face events for businesses in Albany, Margaret River, Collie, Busselton, Broome, Kununurra, and Geraldton
- Fast Forward WA by Atomic Sky - Suitable for any type of small business but will be more aligned with SMEs in the B2B industrial sector such as small manufacturing, product and service providers to the mining, oil and gas, agriculture or technology sectors.
- Telethon Kids Institute - COVID-response program to support the WA digital health industry.
- Perth Angels - Webinars, one-on-one mentoring and professional business services available to all sectors.
- Triangulate by Triangle Equity Partners - Providing one-on-one mentoring and the development of a tailored tactical action plan for SMEs.