The WA Government is committed to diversifying our economy to create more jobs for Western Australians.
We recognise that innovation drives growth and creates new industries.
Western Australia is a diverse state, seen through our people, our land and our knowledge. Diversity is essential in innovation. Innovation needs all genders, young and mature, and people from all backgrounds and experiences.
We have committed to a range of initiatives to support and accelerate new and emerging businesses and encourage innovation to thrive.
This website invites you to link up with like-minded individuals and organisations and find opportunities that will transform Western Australia through innovation.
It is designed to showcase the journeys of successful innovators, the lessons they have learned and the people and services who helped them along their way. It serves as a place that provides information so that people - whether innovators (new or experienced), investors, service providers, or customers - can make more informed decisions about the next step of their own innovation journey.
- SHARE – share stories and photos about WA innovations, on your favourite social media, using the hashtag #NewIndustriesWA.
- EXPERIENCE – read the showcases about innovative products and how they could benefit you and your family now or in the future.
- BE INSPIRED – follow some great innovators to inspire you on your journey, and learn what services have helped others on their journey.
- INVEST – view the current opportunities available to invest in or support great ideas.
- PARTICIPATE – view events that are happening around WA, such as information or training sessions, hackathons, and innovation programs.
- FEEDBACK – get involved by giving us your ideas on how we can support the sector, or seeking more information.
$4.5 million from the New Industries Fund was allocated to regional areas, with the Department of Jobs, Tourism, Science and Innovation and Primary Industries and Regional Development working together to identify strategically important industries and areas for investment.
Regional Development Minister Alannah MacTiernan MLC conducted a Regional Innovation Summit in Bunbury in November 2017 to kick start this process. The Regional New Industries Fund was then launched in March 2018 at Pollinators, Geraldton.
For more information about the program, visit the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development website.